Monday, August 3, 2009

Fun at the Farm


We spent most of Sunday at Grandpa Beis' Farm near Streeter, ND. This is the farmstead where Kyle's Grandpa grew up - where Kyle's Mom grew up - and where Kyle spent a lot of time when he was a boy. The kids had so much fun!! It meant a lot to both Kyle and I to see our children also making great memories with their cousin & aunts & Great-Grandpa Beis at the farm. Auntie Laurie had her horses there, so the kids were had able to ride around the yard on Doc.





All the kids had a blast driving the dune buggy around Grandpa's yard. As you can see further down, Andy had a little more fun than the others. The story goes...while the adults were painting Grandpa's garage, the kids were running wild...just kidding...some were playing with the kittens - some were driving the golf cart - and Andy was driving the dune buggy. Suddenly we hear Andy running toward us crying uncontrollably. He by-passed his Dad and headed toward me (for good reason probably). When I asked him why he was crying he hysterically said - "it was going too fast and I ran into the fence". Hmmm...that doesn't sound good. So Andy and I walked over toward the fence (he is still crying) - I couldn't see the buggy, but I could hear it running. As we got closer I noticed the barbed wire fence was broken and the dune buggy was in the deep ditch - so my crazy kid had busted through the barbed wire fence and drove the dune buggy down into the ditch!! Thank goodness the support bars on the buggy took the beating from the barbed wire and not my kid's head!!





Grandpa had to hose down the dune buggy as there was mud plastered all over it. Not to mention the tears in the tarped roof from the barbed wire. Probably not going to get invited back to the farm anytime soon I'm afraid. Or if we do, no dune buggy for the Freier kids!


And after a day full of fun...this is what happens to the Freier children...





1 comment:

  1. Kathy, Great story. Andy will forever remember that time. You and Kyle wanted to give your kids memories of that farm. Sounds like they have some great ones. Ann

    ReplyDelete